Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

3 Step Skin

Cashmere Tears by Kojey Radical

I'm no skincare expert but, I do dibble-dabble-dap into that arena when and where I can. The basis of great makeup is great skin (the prep is very important for the end result) so, in this post, I will be showing some of the current skincare products (3) that I have been using in my routine. In fact, sometimes when I'm a tad nonchalant (aka very often)- I may indeed just use these 3 simple things to get me through the day. 

Nivea Face Wash Gel - £1.99
I've never been a fan of gel face washes because they're often drying to the skin. Yet, Nivea Micell-Air Rose-Water face gel does not dry out my oily-combination skin. It has a runny almost watery feel and does not foam incessantly (whenever I say that word I always think of the song), that may be one of the reasons it doesn't strip my skin, and I'm not left with a tight/itchy bothered face after using it. 
showing the process
It has a light soft rose scent that is noticeable but I find it pleasant enough. I've used it on bare skin as well as to remove makeup, and it does a good job at removing the majority of makeup, plus cleaning my skin - but, I would cleanse twice with this to remove everything (which is the standard procedure if you don't have or haven't used a cleansing oil/makeup remover to pre-cleanse). 

Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin, Coco-Betaine, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Glucoside, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Trisodium EDTA, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid, Methyl Benzoate, BHT, Parfum. 

The packaging is pretty. I like that I can see the product in the clear pink tube, the ingredients are very simple (not an endless reel), and seemingly unproblematic. If I could give Nivea one suggestion, I would suggest making the packaging smaller because, despite its large appearance, it only contains 150mls. 

Similar to: Freederm Cleanser which is a "dupe" of Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser which is similar to e.l.f bounce back jelly cleanser. 

Hada Labo Watery Lotion - £17.45
If you haven't heard of Hada Labo you're probably not deep into the East Asian products/Skincare rabbit hole but, that's okay we all have to start somewhere ... I first came across the myth that is Hada Labo a while back but, there are different formulations (I think 3?), the prices vary, and it can be out of stock for a long time. Given the confusion over which lotion to buy (maybe there's 6?) trying out a product from the company always rested somewhere in my mind but, I never got around to it until now. 

Hada Labo has now entered the UK market, and with that, they've simplified their most popular product and made the formula EU friendly. This is great for anyone who doesn't want to get bogged down with info or wait on products shipping from outside the UK. Now you can purchase Japan's No.1 selling skin hydrator at Superdrugs or Amazon. 

Since I found it confusing, I know there are people just like me, who could need a helpful breakdown of the what-whats so, here's the help ... 

What is Hada Labo Super No.1 Selling Product? 
It's a watery lotion - a skin moisturiser. 

What is it meant to do?
Moisturise the skin through the use of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in the skin but over time it can deplete with age and environmental damage. Hyaluronic acid attracts and holds water to the skin and has been shown to smooth the skin, reduce wrinkles, and improve moisture. Many people like and use this ingredient/product to have/maintain plump youthful and hydrated skin. 

What makes it special?
Hada Labo's watery lotions contain 3 types of hyaluronic acids to basically replenish and impart moisture deep into the skin and prevent it's loss (and water) from the skin. 

More information from others about Hada Labo Watery Lotions/Toners?
Gothamista, James Welch, Olgatoja - there are a lot more videos but, I didn't want to make this post too long and these videos essentially explain it all very well. 

What is the UK formulation designed to do?
The same thing. Nadine Baggot has done a video on the UK formulation. 

What makes it different from the original formula?
Not sure, since I've not tried it but, the new formula has not been tested on animals and is EU approved. 
This product has as light no fragranced face cream scent and feels like an essence (a watery light product with a slightly tacky feel when gently patted into the skin). It's very hydrating and nourishing to the skin and makes my skin look really healthy. I notice that when I use this product it really helps soothe my laugh lines *being hilarious has its drawbacks* and while it does make my face gleam it's more radiant than greasy. Don't worry - the tacky feel of the product quickly disappears, and unless you're oily-combo like me your face might not shine at all afterward.

Ingredients: Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Pentyelene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, PPG-10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Phenoxyethanol.

I really like this product. I need to use it more routinely but, I think this could be the answer to keep lines at bay *cracks whips and drinks water*. I purchased this at an introductory price (£11) but the current retail is near £18 which is pricier when compared with the original Japanese product, that you can still order online from East Asain retailers (granted to get free shipping you'll have to spend more than £18). It's early days but, I can see this being a regular in my routine and although it does do what it says (moisturises) I'm still eager to try the original formula just to see if there are any differences. 

Purito Centella Green Level Safe Sun £11.32 (price varies depending on where you purchase it)
Yes, black people can and should wear sunscreen. Depending on your skin tone you may or may not be highly susceptible to the ills of skin cancer via sun rays but, despite the depth of your melanin - you can still get burnt, worsen hyperpigmentation issues and suffer from the other ills of being exposed to the rays of a star (made of hot plasma) whose photosphere (outer edge) burns just 5 times hotter than molten lava. So tell mecan you handle it?

For great information on the topic - here are some links - The Golden Rx and Tatenda
I made sure to do my research and after watching James Welch videos along with some ladies of a similar heritage (we black) to mine - Melly Mel The Muse & Neema Kamala - I felt safe that this sunscreen wouldn't leave me looking like a fool and it doesn't. 
This sunscreen is very light and hydrating. It takes a while to blend the product into the skin - it appears white when rubbed/patted in but, once absorbed it's completely clear. It has a strong lavender scent (reminds me of Bobbi Browns' long-wear foundation). I've had no reaction to it (early days) but, if you're not averse to scents, then this may be a great sunscreen to try. 

What type of sunscreen is it?
A chemical sunscreen. 

What are the benefits of a chemical sunscreen? 
Read this. Basically, chemical sunscreen absorbs and disperse UV rays by changing it to heat. They usually don't have a white cast, can be used with other products without feeling heavy on the skin and less product can be used to protect the skin (as compared with physical sunscreens). 

What are the benefits of this product?
It protects from UVA + UVB rays, it's moisturising, feels light on the skin, and can be used under makeup without changing its tone. 

Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Adipale, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, 1,2-Hexanediol Niacinamide, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Silica, Cetearyl Olivate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Adenosine, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethexylglycerin.   

*
Alright, that's the end. I'm looking to do more skincare reviews/mentions like this in the future as well as share information about skincare but, since I think it can take a long time to see how a skincare product works/ if its right for your skin and if you even like using it - it often takes me a long while to get round to it. Plus, my skin can be very reactionary and "sensitive" towards ingredients so I've learned to take my time trialing products, and being overzealous with skincare can create many problems for me. Besides, I still need to get my routine tight so please take these posts as (hopefully) helpful interludes for you to expand on through your own research than a one-stop-shop/post for everything you need to know. 

Nonetheless, talking about skincare as part of self-care (yeah I know I mentioned that topic too - I'm working on it) will be a nice installment in my blog and I hope we can journey together more frequently.  Other news: James Welch just released his thoughts on Fenty Skin and now I'm semi-sure I'll end up trying Fat Water (we'll see how long that takes). 


How's your skincare routine?
Any Tips?
 Recommendations?

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar