Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The 'Summer Nights' Edit


Summer lovin', had me a blast...

Not too sure why I had those Grease lyrics in my head while beginning to write this post, I guess because if there is one thing I love about summer, it's the clothing.

This time of year is perfect for styling the most gorgeous outfits in the evening, since the weather is decent enough for me to not become a frozen iceberg by the time it hits 7pm. Think party dresses, jumpsuits, co-ords - the list is endless, and super exciting, so I thought I'd round up all of my favourite evening wear this season.

 

 Firstly, when exploring Topshop and New Look's selection of jumpsuits, I certainly was not disappointed. I'm usually more of a stripes than spots kinda gal, but the almost-brown, almost-burgundy rust colour of the Topshop jumpsuit totally grabbed me. I love how you could dress this one up or down, and with heels and a super-cute clutch, it would make the perfect summer night look.

I feel like the black colour of the New Look jumpsuit, along with its gorgeous cutout neckline, make it a summer evening essential. Would it really be a clothing round-up of mine without some floral print? I seriously don't think so! The flowers really stand out on the black, it's so pretty.

Co-ords are so in right now and I'm absolutely loving it! Although the price kind of scares me, I love how you can pair them together or separately, creating a whole variety of looks. I am so obsessed with this Miss Selfridge co-ord (told ya I'm into stripes), and it is actually part of their autumn collection making it a perfect transition piece for both those summer and autumnal evenings (you can tell I'm excited for autumn to arrive).



Onto the dresses! I've provided quite the selection, as even though jumpsuits and co-ords are in in a big way this year, we can't be forgetting about the classic staple dress!

I'm obsessed with this dress from Miss Selfridge, the cutout detail back adds a little something to the simple enough pink bodycon, and imagine how good this would look with a summer tan! The black spotted dress from ASOS is another favourite of mine - I totally can't pull-off bandeau sleeves but I am wishing I could thanks to this dress. There's something understated about it and you know it would look so fab with a glam makeup look on a summer night.

The second ASOS dress was an unusual pick for me - green almost never catches my eye and the pattern is definitely a little like marmite (love it or loathe it), but it was actually the neckline and sleeves that drew me to it. The long sleeves would totally provide a bit of warmth on a chillier summer night and I am such a fan of high necklines, I can't imagine this dress any other way.

My final pick is the lemon print dress from Quiz - can we all agree lemon print is a trend this year that totally works? I spotted this one and instantly thought of how well Lauren of loulabellerose pulled of the lemon print so well. I think the lemons are such a fun print that screams summer so I couldn't think of a better dress to round up the post.


What have you been wearing on summer nights this year? I would love to hear what you think of this year's trends!

EG x

*sponsored links were used in this post but all opinions are my own. :)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar