Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Finger Linkin' Good

Unmissable
Gallery of the Absurd continues to be absurdly brilliant. See for yourself.

Also...
Solace in Cinema on the trailer for 30 Days of Night. I hope this is hardcore inventive/scary like Near Dark which was so 'finger lickin' good' --I've discussed my anticipation for this movie before. I'm crossing my fingers that it's good. I think we've had enough zombie movies for awhile: back to vampires please. They're classic
Ray Pride on Once --a sweet review. This movie does totally set up camp in one's heart. And plans to stay. I wrote about it too but this is my fav piece on this great movie.
Spinner gayest moments in rock history
Walter Chaw on 10 movies that changed the way he looked at film
Blah, Blah, Black Sheep hilarious metrobus conversation
But I Always... very brief thoughts on PotC: At Worlds End

and still more...
Michelle Pfeiffer interview at Good Housekeeping. But ARGH! contrary to Liz Smith's statement It has not been 2 years since Pfeiffer was onscreen --it's been 5. Doesn't she have a fact checker?
Flick Filosopher still fighting the fight in re: to Knocked Up. It's been pretty interesting to follow along. It's remarkable (and depressing!) to me how film writers can be vilified for a difference of opinion... Remember last year when Nick hated Apocalypto? It wasn't long before the groupthink fanboys were getting personal in their attacks. It seems to me that if a critic isn't occassionally willing to swim against the tide, they have no business being critics. The number one requirement of the job should be having opinions that aren't market or box office or groupthink or hype formed.

and finally...
Perhaps in celebration of Gay Pride Month, film experience reader Adam Waldowski composed a list of the LGBT Acting nominees in Oscar history. Interesting stuff. Any thoughts?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar