Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Top 5 Favourite Red Lip Products

Hi everyone,
This is the first in a little series of posts that I'm going to be doing over the next couple of weeks. Lip products have long been my favourite type of makeup, so I thought I'd show you some of my favourites of each colour, starting with my favourite, red.

1. MAC 'Lady Danger'
 
This is my first ever MAC lipstick, and I'm a little bit in love with it. It's a really bright matte orange-red (probably the brightest red I own), so not for the faint-hearted.

2. MUA Red Lipstick*

 
*The shade number has completely worn off, so I can't tell what colour it is. Judging from the Superdrug website it's either shade 7,8 or 10
This is actually my most worn lipstick of all time, the bit you can see in the photo is all that's left. It's a much more wearable, everyday colour than Lady Danger (and at 1.25, it's also significantly cheaper). I really love MUA lipsticks, they're really moisturising, and last pretty well considering how cheap they are.
 
 
3. Revlon Lip Butter in 'Candy Apple'
 
I really like this one because it's still a really nice bright red colour, but it's more sheer than Lady Danger, and not as in-your-face. I think it's a good one to try if you want to have a bright red lip, but don't want to go all out.
 
4. Kate Moss for Rimmel Lipstick in '01'
 
 

This could be my favourite lipstick. It's between this and Lady Danger. This colour is slightly darker than Lady Danger and much more moisturising (it's not a matte lipstick). It's what I'd describe as a classic red.

5. L'Oreal Caresse Stain in 'Juliet'


 
There was a lot of talk about these online when they first came out, mainly because they're supposed to be a dupe for the YSL glossy stains; and I've heard/read mixed things about them. Some people love them, some people hate them. I've never tried a glossy stain, so I can't judge them in that regard, but personally I really like them. When I bought it I expected it to be like a lip gloss, but it's actually not. It has the consistency of water, and isn't sticky the way that lip gloss is (it sound's kind of weird, but actually isn't I promise). It also doesn't really dry in the way some stains do, and is moisturising. Also, like the lip butter, it's bright without being really bright.
 
And that's everything. See you in two days :)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar